Compliance requires employee engagement, risk management and inevitable process change.
Find out more, call us – 0333 3031045
How effective are you in handling Personal data breaches ?
“Data is the pollution problem of the information age, and protecting privacy is the environmental challenge”.
GDPR Compliant? Ask yourself this question:
Can your organisation demonstrate that good data protection is a cornerstone of your business policy and practices?
If your answer is not a resounding YES then you are leaving your organisation open to enforcement action that can damage both public reputation and bank balance. But there’s a carrot here as well as a stick: get data protection right, and you can see a real business benefit.”
Privacy has largely been a matter of law and policy. Security has largely been a matter of technology and policy. Now, that’s all changing.
Our team of experienced data protection experts can help your organisation with a variety of best-practice solutions, from evaluating your GDPR compliance position and developing a remediation roadmap through to information security and risk management. Whether you are an SME or a multinational, your obligations to protect personal data privacy and security remain.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
On 25th May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation came into force. It will have far reaching consequences for your business and the way you handle your customer’s personal data.
What are the main changes?
- If your company is not in the EU but you transfer data cross borders you will still have to comply
- Heavy penalties of up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20m can be levied.
- What constitutes personal data is much broader
- The ‘valid consent’ rules have changed especially for children
- You may need to employ a Data Protection Officer
- There is a right to be forgotten
- There are new requirements for notifying if breaches occur
- New regulation around data portability and international data transfer
Data Retention programme is a challenging requirement of GDPROctober 24, 2018
Building a data protection culture to reduce riskOctober 19, 2018
Facebook suffer huge data breachOctober 1, 2018